William Mills Agency is Growing
We are seeking account associates to work on public relations programs for entrepreneurial and corporate clients in the fintech and financial services industries. This is a hands-on position with the opportunity to develop your media relations skills within a supportive team that is dedicated to your development. You will act as the day-to-day client contact with clients as well as handle increased reactive/proactive client interactions, maintain contact with targeted publications and/or other influencers (media, analysts, etc.), work without direct supervision on selected projects, show initiative to gain new management skills and mentor account coordinators and interns as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Business, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years' experience in a related field.
- Proven communication skills: writing and content generation with the proven ability to articulate complex value propositions.
- Ability to multitask, managing the work of multiple clients while meeting deadlines with quality.
- Project management skills and adaptability to unexpected changes and opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Command of Associated Press journalistic style.
- Available for work at Buckhead office and some travel.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of agency clients and the industries they serve
- Pitching and hosting interviews between media and clients
- Providing drafts of news releases, case studies and feature articles with minimal edits, and distributing to media
- Actively participating in weekly client calls
- Preparing client activity reports and providing a recap report after the call
- Directly interacting with clients and media on a regular basis
- Reading publications and preparing Media Mentor reports
- Offering strategic ideas that can potentially change way clients do business
- Working independently on specific projects
- Mentoring less experienced staff
- Demonstrating technical proficiency when using agency equipment and technology
- Demonstrating a firm commitment to their own career at the agency
- Work for one of Atlanta’s largest independent PR firms
- Creative, positive and fostering work environment with opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits package
- Hard working, friendly and supportive culture